Thursday, April 21, 2011

Manifestation of Love

I wanted to share with you what God was doing in my heart during my time with Him this morning. This is my journal entry. It's intimate but I felt to share it with you! Be blessed today by Loving others with His Love!

My heart is to have the same testimony that you had, Jesus. "I have manifested your name to the men whom you have given me out of this world". (John 17:6) Father, I desire to be the expressed image of your Glory. My heart is to be manifested love to whom you have given me. "While I was in the world, I kept them in your name...and that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them as you have loved me...for you loved me before the foundation of the world...Oh righteous Father, the world has not known you but I have known you...and I have declared to them your name, and will declare it, that the love with which you loved me may be in them, and I in them." (parts of John 17:12, 23-26). "As you sent me into the world, I also send them into the world." (John 17:18)

My heart is full this morning Lord. I desire to be found as you were, manifesting the Father's name and loving men as you were loved of the Father. What was the Father's love towards you? I know what it was towards me...the Cross. But what was His love towards you, from the foundations of the world? I desire to know what that is because it is your will that I become that. The only thing that I know that happened before the foundations of the world was that you were crucified. Is that how the Father loved you? Was His love towards you expressed in the giving of yourself for the redemption of man? Was His love towards you evidenced in trusting you with the Cross? Is that how you desire to love us? To pour us out as wine? Is that your way Oh Lord? "Teach me your way Oh Lord, that I may walk in your Truth, give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name". (Psalms 86:11) Can it be that I could know this Love? or better yet, become this Love? Oh, that our hearts would burst open wide because of the great love that we have for you and for those you have given us. Oh God, my heart is overwhelmed. I know that I am not worthy to walk in your shoes. My sins have been many and I have fallen short of your Glory and yet, my heart cries for the revealing of your Love within me. Oh Lord, please grant me the grace to live each and every moment for your Glory and honor. That every thought would be taken captive. That my heart would beat with your heart. Lord, what else have we been loved for? Is it not to Love in return? Precious King, may it be said of me as it was of you...you were the manifested Love of God. ~

Father, I pray that you will give us a correct view of Love. That we would understand your Love as you meant it to be. That we would not pervert it or water it down to fit into our culture. That it would be in full force all that you were....holy, righteous, convicting not condemning, faithful, Truth and poured out for the sake of others. Bless the Body at City on The Hill today and give all of us a revelation of Love and may we respond to it with our lives! We love you guys!

kara

No comments:

Post a Comment